Saturday, May 12, 2012

Japan 5 - Tokyo Trip #1

This one is especially long since I didn't get a picture up yesterday.  I also did a ton of stuff today, so here we go:


Yes, that is a bee.  It was nice and let me get super close to it and get a few pictures of it before flying off.

I was at a park waiting because Koyanagi-san from work was helping me get settled today.  I got a pre-paid cell phone, a bunch of clothes for work, and then we went to Tokyo.  We were waiting at a park for my pants to get hemmed.  Uniqlo has changed quite a bit.  But hey, free hemming on pants to get them the exact length is cool.



Then we picked up Isaka-san and went to Meiji-jingu - a shrine dedicated to Emperor Meiji (?).  It is in the middle of downtown Tokyo, and is a popular place for weddings, as you can see.




Now a picture of Koyanagi-san and Isaka-san.  They really made the day awesome.



Meiji-jingu is actually right next door to Harajuku.  So we had to walk around there.  This is what it was like, but with more hipsters (not pictured).


That night we ate some okonomiyaki and I got a good picture of Isaka-san mixing it up in the restaurant.


Lastly, we stopped by the Rainbow Bridge before heading home.  It isn't lit up with all the colors (probably still to help northern Japan), but it still was pretty.  I was amazed it came out this clearly with me just holding the camera - no tripod or leaning on anything.


1 comment: