Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Monterey Bay Aquarium: Jellies!

I love jellyfish.






They are such beautiful creatures, and they blow my mind.  It is very hard to continuously remember they are living animals, and not just a floating, glowing piece of art.

Luckily for me, there was a special exhibit on jellyfish going on in the aquarium.  Here's lots of pictures!


Unfortunately, a lot of the jellies are very small, and kept in very dark environments.  So a lot of the pictures didn't turn out nearly as good as I wanted them to.






Apparently the purple parts on the jelly above here are mouths.

This next one is really cool.  These jelly come in all sorts of colors, depending on where they live.  All the same species, but colors ranging from black to blue to white.  Simply amazing.



These last two are Moon Jellyfish.  There were some more pictures above of them, but I love their strands.  So beautiful.



1 comment: