Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Monterey Bay Aquarium: The Others


This penguin was swimming around, giving a show to everyone who watched.  He just kept going and going, practically nonstop.


There was a great kelp tank with leopard sharks and such.  I like these sharks, their patterns are very nice.  Also their eyes are rather intelligent looking.



Psst. I'm a leaf.  Really. ;-)



Of course, no aquarium is complete without a tank with the fish from Finding Nemo in it.  I only got a good shot of "Dory" - the others ended up too blurry.



This was also in the "Finding Nemo" tank, but I don't remember anything like it in the movie.  Anyway, he made for a good picture!



Cuttlefish.  Hahaha.  No words necessary.


An eel.  I can't help but wonder how it tastes.  Similar to unagi hopefully.



A baby seahorse.  Or maybe a species that doesn't get very big.




Anemone tentacles make for great pictures.  The fish swimming through them didn't cooperate as much though.



Hey.  Whaddaya lookin' at?



The weedy sea dragon.  A very beautiful, yet odd creature.



A pretty good picture of some seahorses I think.



This seagull was one of the tamer ones I've met.  I got so close to him that I surprised myself.


1 comment: